[EuroPython] Web material

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Wed Mar 3 17:10:44 EST 2004

I've written some more info about Göteborg. This time about
the local industry. I thought it might be of interest to
the visitors to know that the cameras used by the astronauts
to take pictures on the moon were built in Göteborg etc.

Is this relevant? Other comments? I guess it's not number
one priority at this very moment, but it's something that
could help build curiosity for a visit.

I've previously written a bit on travel info, and not no
feedback at all :( but I think almost all of the substance in
have already appeared elsewhere in the site.

I plan to write some more about places to visit in Göteborg
a bit later, but that will be at least a week from now.

Since I haven't actually lived in Göteborg since 1997 (but
I plan to return soon :) I would need some guidence on some
issues such as nice pubs and clubs etc. Is Nef
http://www.nefertiti.se/ as good as it used to be? What
else? http://www.jazzhuset.se/ ? Folkmusikkaféet is nice for
people who like folk dancing, but closed in the summer
I think. Python programmers don't go to shallow night clubs
like Trädgår'n or Valand, do they? ;)

Is Sommarklubben (or whatever it's called these days) open
during the conference?

At least for eating, the work is already done! :)

Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN
http://www.thinkware.se/  mailto:magnus at thinkware.se