[EuroPython] Web material

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Wed Mar 3 17:10:44 EST 2004

I've written some more info about Göteborg. This time about
the local industry. I thought it might be of interest to
the visitors to know that the cameras used by the astronauts
to take pictures on the moon were built in Göteborg etc.

http://europython-develop.zope.nl/epc/Members/mly/companies

Is this relevant? Other comments? I guess it's not number
one priority at this very moment, but it's something that
could help build curiosity for a visit.

I've previously written a bit on travel info, and not no
feedback at all :( but I think almost all of the substance in
http://europython-develop.zope.nl/epc/Members/mly/travelinfo
have already appeared elsewhere in the site.

I plan to write some more about places to visit in Göteborg
a bit later, but that will be at least a week from now.

Since I haven't actually lived in Göteborg since 1997 (but
I plan to return soon :) I would need some guidence on some
issues such as nice pubs and clubs etc. Is Nef
http://www.nefertiti.se/ as good as it used to be? What
else? http://www.jazzhuset.se/ ? Folkmusikkaféet is nice for
people who like folk dancing, but closed in the summer
I think. Python programmers don't go to shallow night clubs
like Trädgår'n or Valand, do they? ;)

Is Sommarklubben (or whatever it's called these days) open
during the conference?

At least for eating, the work is already done! :)
http://www.strakt.com/guide.html

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN