[EuroPython] Summary from yesterdays meeting and agenda for todays
jacob at strakt.com
Wed May 5 10:35:03 EDT 2004
We focused on getting a block schedule together, and I have now sent a letter
to all the track chairs asking them to fill thier blocks with talks. We will
be running 4 tracks in parallell almost throughout the whole conference.
The allocation is available at http://z3u.com/ep2004/TimetableSketch.
At the meeting on Monday, we will fix the schedule and sort out any problems
that have been found in the process of allocation.
On the subject of registration, we have 101 early bird and 14 early bird
students registered. 33 speakers have registered so far, which is a fairly
small fraction of the ones we know are coming. Please urge your speakers to
register as soon as possible.
The situation with the registration is that now we need about 70 more full
paying registrants to make the budget to break even. Since Europython is only
a month away, and it would be good for my nerves to know that we make the
budget, please help us get the message out in your own communities.
This is not a real agenda, it is the list of notes that I and Darío have made,
in more or less random order. We will pick things off the list in order of
Name, organisation, email, country code
Daily schedule plus map
Interesting things on reverse of daily schedule
Sponsors - to approach
- Active State
- Zope Corp
- Oak Hill
- Star Office
- ICS, IFS, Intentia
- Chalmers Innovation
Contact existing sponsors and those who have mailed about becoming sponsors
Front desk staff
Networking for attendes
Networking for speakers
- get somebody to co-ordinate
Press release to Swedish papers/magazines
Signage at Chalmers
Get all sponsors up on the web
Write feedback forms
Print your own name tags?
- attendee count
- speakers count
- What to do is track chairs do not on talk submissions
- Absolute deadline for when a talk shoudl be accepted or not
- there have been several inquiries to the list and off list
from prospective speakers asking when they will know if their
talk has been accepted or not
- Programme for the conference - when declare it public?
- depends on the two items above
- Summary of known sprints.
- which ones
- contact persons
- summary of known sponsors
- which ones
- their contribution
- Summary of known exibitiors (if any) and other people.
- what does the conference budget llok like
- are there any issues that are worrysome?
- Dates when the various people involved in the organisation
- Track chairs
- Sprint organisers
- EPC folks
- Practical things
- visitor reception
- track chairs needing help?
- I know that some track chairs are taking care of this
themselves, but I'd like a summary from them anyway
- do we need any? I so of what kind? Can we skip it altogether?
- assign one or two poeple the overall organiser
- make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be abelt
to do more than just be an organiser (ie. attend sessions, etc)
- sponsor/exibitor reception
- Catering/food status
- Items that need to be taken care of RSN but that none has been
able to attend to yet.
More information about the EuroPython