[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Oct 5 08:13:56 CEST 2004

Laura Creighton wrote:

> I want other people to see it first.  Perhaps they will hate it.  I don't
> want to do this by fiat.  But I think that everybody who worked on the conference
> last year is aware of how thoroughly unhappy and frustrated I was with Plone,
> and the Plonish way of doing things, which is why I want to provide an alternative.

sure, though I think the problem with that stance is that many others
were not unhappy. The main problem last year was that the content was
provided way way too late, and that feedback (the negative one) was
given at about the same time, which meant that most people did not have
the time to properly learn a new tool nor where the creators of the site
given neither proper feedback nor time to fix things.

Just a note: do not wait too long to present the new site. It will take
time to adjust to it and learn the tools, and if we *really* want to
this years mistakes, we should fix the process and the delays in getting
ready to actually do something, because there never were any big
problmes with the tools, as far as I am concerned.

So, to sum it up: present the new site ASAP, it even needn't be 100%
finished and give people time to get accustomed to it. Then immedialty
start working on content and the process of getting content.

/dario