[EuroPython] List of things that need doing

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at chalmers.se
Tue Apr 5 09:34:51 CEST 2005

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

>> Schedule
>> - Create a nice web template to fill in with schedule content
>> - Make scheduling based on collision reduction and popularity
>>

> I attach a schedule in bad but readable html that we used for an
> oracle conference a few years back.
>
> It needs to be adpated to the graphic design of EPC and customised
> everything but I send it as a suggestion/inspiration of how a schedule
> might look like. It worked quite well for us, and gave a nice overview
> of the tracks, on a per day basis.
>
> I could try and adapt it to being a real template but I do not know
> how the data is stored nor if we are using a scheduling system or if
> we are using pencil and paper to do the scheduling. But if I get more
> info I can work with Jean-Marc and produce something for the website
> that is suitable for printing too.
>
> We schedueled our conference manually, and it worked quite well after
> I devfeloped a system of doing this. The conference was about the same
> sized as EPC, with some common sessions and the separate sessions for
> each of the four tracks.
>
> Hope this helps as a starting point.

Hi!

it's good actually. But there's just one thing I'd like to know:

- what part is Strakt doing in relation to conference booking, schedule?
I guess that the information about schedules will be available once
track chairs have selected the talks and this is done in the Strakt
conference booking application, right? The application should then be
able to display the tracks?

- what part should be implemented in CPS3? payment, printing programmes,
etc... some of the code may be reused from last years site, by the way.

just asking :-)

/JM