[EuroPython] KeyNoters

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Apr 6 17:02:17 CEST 2005

Jacob Hallén <jacob at strakt.com> writes:

> On onsdag 06 april 2005 15:54, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
>> Hello to all the members of the KeyNoteSpeaker recruiting Team (KNSrT)
>>

>> Who knows anything 'bout
>>
>> http://www.paulgraham.com/index.html
>>
>> Paul Graham ???
>>
>> He wrote "hackers and painters", got a Millionair during
>> dot.com<http://dot.com>bubble, founds startups ..
>>
>> a) can he speak enthuastically?
>> b) has anyone heard him?
>>
>> what do you think, could he fit?
>
> Paul Graham spoke at one of the earlier Pycon's. I found him to be a good
> speaker with some fairly interesting things to say. At Pycon he spoke about
> the future of programming languages, especially with a view towards Python
> 3000. His opinions on that matter were fairly far out.

He would surely be interesting.

For some reason, I'm full of names today (something that notably
wasn't true yesterday on IRC): Kent Beck, any of the Design Patterns
Gang of Four, Richard Gabriel, Peter Norvig, James Gosling.  All a bit
American, though, and I've no idea how likely any of them would be to
accept an invitation.  Or if any of them are interesting speakers.

A more off the wall suggestion would be Ken Macleod -- leftie British
Sci-Fi author with a bit of a techie streak.  Or Iain Banks -- the
same, but Scottish and probably a bit less of a geek.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If design space weren't so vast, and the good solutions so small a
  portion of it, programming would be a lot easier.