[EuroPython] What the heck does "pythonic" mean?

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Wed Apr 13 15:48:40 CEST 2005

Hi Martijn,

having just *imported this*, I suddenly remember that you owe me a
sonnet - the sonnet form being arguably the most pythonic of all
established European verse forms. I beg your leave to kindly remind you
that last year in Göteborg you promised to write the next one of the
"Sonnets from Pythia", after Steve Alexander's "A Common Gateway" (which
by the way has already been published by the Springer Verlag as the main
part of some sort of sofware book now I can't remember what it is about,
googable by "ISBN 3540223592").
I'm sending a copy of this mail to the EuroPython list because the
project "Sonnets from Pythia" happens to be an offical EuroPython
cultural project I am coordinating, approved on last year's conference
in the presence of both The Benevolent Dictator and The Pope by
unanimous public acclamation. As a trained sonnet writer, I can offer
you (or any further volonteers) my humble services to coach you in
writing your sonnet in pythonically impeccable iambic pentameters - but
I suspect you won't need much help there. Anyway, we can go through the
technical details on our private mail channel from now on.

Cheers.

Aroldo.

Aroldo Souza-Leite <asouzaleite at gmx.de>
mitcon GmbH