[EuroPython] lightning talks

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jun 30 11:59:15 CEST 2005

Because I wanted to write it down before I forgot, here's an
approximate list of the speakers and titles of talks in the python
lightning track session yesterday afternoon:

Laura Creighton -- The Physics of Cooking
Theo de Ridder -- Declarative GUI Programming
Astrid Hellwig -- Speaking From The Heart
Duncan Booth -- Implementing Call By Reference
Tommi Virtanen -- You Should Write This
Roman Joost -- PyWIFI
Gintautas Miliauskas -- The Darcs Side
Christian Tismer -- Being Intelligently Dumb
John Pinner -- Don't Take Python For Granted
Benedikt Hegner -- Data Visualization
Aroldo Souza-Leite -- Sonnets From Python
Holger Krekel -- execnet
Ronald Jaramillo -- Cooking PDFs With Jython
Jacob Hallen -- stan
Michael Sparks -- A Generic Language Parser
Guy Dalberto -- Human Programmers Should Not Be Allowed To Catch Exceptions
Johan Lindberg -- wxML

[break here]

Remi Delon -- python-hosting.com
Facundo Batista -- SiGeFi
Katherine Goodwin -- Infopoint
Marius Gedminas -- PySpaceWar
Ken Rimey -- PDIS XPath
Martijn Faassen -- Successfully Open Sourcing Your Project
Harald Armin Massa -- py2exe, DRM and the rest
Michele Simionato -- Easy Decorators
Carl Friedrich Bolz -- Spline Morphing
Steve Alexander -- Bazaar NG
Stefano Masini -- A Wannabe Pluggable Workflow Management System
Gustavo Niemeyer -- dateutil
Mark Eichin -- GPS/Python/Series 60
Michael Hudson -- Parsing Binary Data Quickly
Guido Van Rossum -- A PEP 342 Web Server

Corrections to the order, titles, names or of omissions welcome, and
thanks again to everyone (including the god of projectors, mostly) for
making the session as fun as it was!

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Darn!  I've only got 10 minutes left to get falling-down drunk!  I
  suppose I'll have to smoke crack instead now.