[EuroPython] Python Framework track (has our talk been accepted?)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun May 8 23:44:53 CEST 2005

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Jacob Hallen wrote:
>
>>torsdag 05 maj 2005 12.21 skrev M.-A. Lemburg:
>
>>>I'd be willing to help out with track chairing for the
>>

>>> Thanks for your offer. I'm sure I can find one or two people at Strakt who can
>>> be drafted into doing part of the track chairing as well, so I think we have
>>> a working solution for that part.
>

> Should work: I think that one of the track chairs should be
> present for the intro to each new talk.
>
> If possible, I would not like the framework and business
> tracks to overlap, since I'd like to attend a few of the
> business talks.
>
>>The other part of track chairing is to review the submitted talks to see that
>>> we aren't getting something that is unwanted. Either that we have talks that
>>> overlap too much, there is something that seems to be sub-standard or if
>>> there is something where it would be useful to ask the speaker to modify
>>> his/her approach to the subject. Would you be able to make such a review of
>>> the registered talks?
>

> Depends on the timeframe - I'm very busy at the moment, so I could
> only spare an hour or two. I would need to know the following
> things:
>
> * How many 30-minute slots are available for the track ?
> * On which days would those slots be happening ?
> * Is it possible to combine 30-minute slots ?
> * Is it possible to reassign talks to other tracks ?
> * Where's the web-interface for the track database ?
> * What's the deadline for approval decisions ?

Hi Jacob,

please provide some feedback on the above questions and
also give me the email addresses and names of the Strakt
helpers for the track chairing.

Without this information, I don't see how we could make
proper decisions before May 11th.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 08 2005)