[EuroPython] knock, knock!

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 6 11:21:52 CEST 2005

Michael Sparks <zathras at thwackety.com> writes:

> On Sunday 02 October 2005 15:58, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Michael Sparks <zathras at thwackety.com> writes:
>> >
>> > I'd like to volunteer to help out with this sort of thing this year.
>>
>> Cool.  Python Frameworks, maybe?
>
> Sounds good to me :-)
>
> Have we considered a games track BTW?

No.  Or at least, I hadn't before now.

> It strikes me that one of the more public uses of python at the
> moment, and a big draw is writing games. It's also potentially the
> sort of area which you could potentially draw in a sponsor
> for. (Track sponsors?)
>
> A games track could cover things like pygame, pygame toolsets, how to embed
> python inside a games engine, exposing C/C++ objects as python objects & vice
> versa and similar areas. I know some of these areas aren't really specific to
> games, but they are specifically interesting to games people.

Well, do you think you could get talks for this track?  As I said, I'd
like to avoid having too many tracks because I personally think it's a
bit confusing, and I'd prefer to have reasonably broad tracks so as
not to scare people off because they think they're talk won't "fit".

Cheers,
mwh

--
  (FREE|OPEN) BSD: Shire horse. Solid, reliable, only occasionally
  prone to crushing you against a wall and then only because