[EuroPython] Progress?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Apr 3 22:46:28 CEST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Does
>> http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=44#ACCOMMODATION
>> help at all?
>
> Not really, it doesn't make any recommendations :-/
>
> I particularly care about:
>
> - closeness to the conference venue
>    (and wherever it is, I want to know how to get from the hotel to the
>     conference venue)
>
> - english speaking
>
> - decent internet connection
>
> - decent hotel ;-)
>
> Can anyone with local knowledge make any recommendations?

Same request from here :-)

If you could tell us the exact address of the place where
the conference will be held, I suppose that the various mapping
sites would be of great help in finding the right hotel.

Unfortunately, the CERN site seems to be missing this one
bit of vital information (they only mention a snail
mail address in form of a PO box :-).

I tried this on map24.de but to no avail - CERN's not registered
as POI :-(

BTW, I found this URL on the CERN site which might be helpful:

http://building.web.cern.ch/building/

It appears as if the conference is going to be held at
the "Meyrin" site.

>>> - Submit a talk.
>>>    http://indico.cern.ch/abstractSubmission.py?confId=44#interest
>>>    ...seems to indicate that I can't do that yet :-/
>> You should be able to now.
>
> Done ;-)

Dito. Thanks for opening up the flood gates ;-)

>>> - Book my flights. I need to know the definite dates and times for this.
>>>    Am I right in thinking that if I arrive on the evening of July 2nd and
>>>    leave on the evening of July 6th that I should get everything,
>>>    including the CERN tour in?
>> I'm pretty sure you'll get everything with those dates.  Benedikt is
>> probably the one to inspire real confidence though.
>
> Benedikt, you there?

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 03 2006)