[EuroPython] EuroPython 2006

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 20 11:57:00 CEST 2006

Richard Jones <richard at commonground.com.au> writes:

> I'm looking at planning for EuroPython 2006 and would like to know:
>
> 1. when registration is expected to open,

I'm not sure what the status is, but in a small number of weeks, I
hope (by the end of May).

> 2. how much registration is expected to cost,

Depends on whether you're a speaker or not, a student or not or early
bird or not... but varies from about 70 euros to 200 euros iirc.  This
should be written down somewhere obvious, yes.

> 3. whether the accommodation section is going to be fleshed out, and

I hope so!

> 4. whether there's any preliminary information on the likely
> presentations.

Not yet.  The submission deadline is May 31 and we *definitely* want
to have a program up before the end of early bird registration (to
give some idea of timescales).

> I'd be travelling a long way (from Australia) and staying for the
> full 10 days of conference and sprinting,

I think I can safely predict that the cost of registration will almost
be noise :)

> so I just want to make sure I get it all right (and that it's worth
> the trip :)

Well, I hope it will be!  You won't be the remotest ever attendee of
EP though, we had a guy from New Zealand a couple of years ago...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I have a cat, so I know that when she digs her very sharp claws into
  my chest or stomach it's really a sign of affection, but I don't see