[EuroPython] preparations at CERN

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 18 12:22:43 CET 2006

> One more thing related to tracks and talks -- there was a discussion
> about changing track chairing format -- i.e. there was a suggestion to
> not have one person who chairs the whole track during the conference but
> rather have several people do it so no one would have to spend the whole
> conference or most of it just in one track.
>
> Taking care of choosing talks for a particular track prior to the
> conference would still be done by one or a few people responsible for
> that track.
>
> What do people think about this change?

FWIW: We've done that for the Python Framework track last year
and it worked out great.

The only question that came up was how to treat the track chairs
vs. the hosts with respect to the conference fee. We chose to
simply sign up as speaker or standard attendee (most hosts were
speakers).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 18 2006)