[EuroPython] EuroPython payment

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:05:01 CEST 2006

John,

please have a look at

http://www.europython.org/sections/registration_issues/registration-details/payment-information

according to the European regulation (EU regulation 2560/2001):

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/03/140

it is illegal for your bank to charge that high costs anymore.

The short version is: bank transfers from EU-country to EU-country =
same as within country, for you an addition of Pound2Euro costs.

There are still payment options via World Pay or PayPal which somebody
else will explain.

best wishes,

Harald

On 5/31/06, John Wilson <tug at wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24 May 2006, at 13:10, Euro-Loc.Secretariat at cern.ch wrote:
>
> > Dear Mr. John Wilson,
> >
> > thank you for registering for EuroPython 2006. To pay the
> > registration fee please use the following information:
> >
> > IBAN : SE76 8000 0810 5903 7676 5343
> > BIC/SWIFT :  SWEDSESS
> > Bank Address: 105 34 Stockholm
> >
> > For your convenience, we include the following information:
> > The fees are listed at:
> > http://www.europython.org/sections/registration_issues
> >
> > In case you discover problems or have any questions, please don't
> > hesitate
> > to send a mail to:  europython at python.org
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > The EuroPython Organizers
>

> Hi!
>
> Would it be possible to pay for this some other way than by bank
> transfer? It is a very costly way of paying small amounts (My back
> estimates it would cost €30 to make the transfer.
>

> John Wilson
> The Wilson Partnership
> web http://www.wilson.co.uk
> blog http://eek.ook.org

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstraße 202b
70197 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
-
on different matter:
did you ever dream of visiting CERN? The place where the antimatter
for exploding Vatican is created? To eat in cantinas
with the worlds highest propability to stand in queue with future or
past Nobel Prize Winners? To talk about Web 2.5 at the place where Web
0.1 up to Web 1.0 were developed? register at www.europython.org!