[EuroPython] EuroPython payment

Andreas Pfeiffer andreas.pfeiffer at cern.ch
Wed May 31 16:47:44 CEST 2006

Hi all,

> The short version is: bank transfers from EU-country to EU-country =
> same as within country, for you an addition of Pound2Euro costs.

... please correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC this statement is only
correct
if it would read "EUR-country" instead of "EU-country", i.e., only
countries
in which the EURO is the default currency participate in this.

All other (even EU) countries which do not have the EURO as their
currency
do not follow this rule. Which includes GB amongst some of the
newcomers :-)
Of course you might find a bank which is willing to do this, but as
this would
cost money to the bank ... (if you do find one, let me know :-))

	cheers, andreas