[EuroPython] New logo for Europython

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Wed Feb 13 11:53:17 CET 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008 19:25:33 Laura Creighton wrote:
> Here is a candidate for a new Europython logo,
> suggested by Jeroen Vloothuis and Thijs Jonkman
> http://europython.pyconuk.org/community/Planning/ProposedLogo

Just a note to say that I think this is a fantastic logo, and can, in my
opinion, be (marginally) improved. The best logos have little or no text in
them (or text that can be removed) and a very simple striking design.
(Think of logos that haven't changed in (say) decades rather than
something new)

If you lose the text (ie "uro" & "ython") as well as EU stars around the logo
above, you're left with something very striking & very simple, and IMO
potentially very stylish :-)

It's also got potential for bio-informatics people who work with python by
mirroring horizontally and aping the traditional "medical" logo of entwined
snakes. (You could even have that as a play on ideas - you do that and say
something like "Go to Europython - Because it's good for you" :-)

Michael.