[EuroPython] Conference Proposals for 2011

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jul 23 12:44:27 CEST 2009

John Pinner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2009/7/22 M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com>
>
>> I've just come across an interesting way of getting new proposals
>> for conference locations. This is how the Plone folks are doing this
>> and it looks really professional:
>>

>> http://plone.org/events/conferences/2009/plone-conference-2009-selection-process
>>
>> Here's the proposal document for Budapest:
>>

>> http://plone.org/events/conferences/2009/Plone_conference_2009_Budapest.pdf/view
>>
>> Would this be a suitable way to find a new location for 2011 ?
>

> It would indeed. We had a session at EP 2009 with groups interested in
> holding EP2011/2012 and in fact we'll be following something similar to the
> above, although I think it needs to be formalised.
>
> Things that came out of the meeting were
>
> * Any group proposing to hold EP must have helped with the previous
> conference at least (ie what was decided at Vilnius 2007),
> * Organising a successful local conference would be good start before
> running EP,
> * We may need to consider how big EP should be and whether it should be
> capped in size.

I think that the concept you used for EuroPython 2009/2010
really worked out well: that of running a EuroPython instead of
(or in addition to) the regular local event a group organizes.

Anyway, just wanted to point to the Plone proposal papers, since I
found them really well done.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 23 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/