[EuroPython] Sponsorship of tutorial

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:58:42 CEST 2009

Hello Ali,

2009/6/10 Ali Afshar <aafshar at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am giving a tutorial on PyGTK (looking forward to it!), now my boss is
> willing to pay my entire conference costs if I do some mentioning of the
> company I work for.
>
> Is this allowed? will other sponsors get upset?

We would not want any blatant plugs in your tutorial, there was some
abuse at last year's PyCon US and it caused some bad feeling.

Speaking for myself, I see no harm in you saying who you work for and
what you do (it's useful background after all), and having a handout
if people want to know more.

You could of course ask your boss if he would like to be a formal
sponsor of EP, and have your logo on the website, with links to the
sponsors' page and your website.

(Resolver Systems are sponsoring the IronPython tutorial for example.)

There is a sponsors' brochure available if you are interested.

Best wishes,

John