[EuroPython] Barcamp?

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:08:31 CEST 2009

2009/6/13 Bruce Eckel <bruceteckel at gmail.com>:
> Just to clarify, I offered to explain Open Spaces conferences, which is the
> kind of conference I've been doing. My understanding is that Bar Camps use
> Open Spaces, but if that isn't correct you should let me know.

For PyConUK, we once had a long mailing list thread about 'BarCamp'
versus some other types of 'open space'. However, when it comes to
making cucumber sandwiches, it does not matter if you are a
pre-millenialist middle Anglo-Catholic instead of a post-millenialist
high Anglican, you put butter and cucumber between slices of bread.
Lets not worry about branding and philosophy, you have a load of
Python geeks sitting in a circle doing what the participants want,
rather than what we, the organisers, have pre-planned.