[EuroPython] slides

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Jun 24 14:40:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 13:28 +0100, John Pinner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2009/6/24 Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se>
>         In a message of Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:07:55 BST, John Pinner
>         writes:
>         >--001636c5ab401cd223046d16f5ba
>         >
>         >Hi,
>         >
>         >2009/6/24 Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se>
>         >
>         >> I didn't know that I had to configure mailman specially to
>         allow
>         >> attatchemtns to be passed through.  I thought that was the
>         default.
>         >> If you have been having problems submitting your slides,
>         please
>         >> try again, I think I have it fixed now.
>         >
>         >
>         >Well, I thought that they're *supposed* to be uploaded to the
>         wiki  at
>         >http://wiki.europython.eu/TalkMaterials
>         >
>         >It's going to very confusing if they're going into two
>         different location
>         >s,
>         >especially for matti...
>         >
>         >John
>

>         I am sorry.  My fault.
>         I didn't realise that that was where they were supposed to go.
>
>         The most common reason I a getting back for not having the
>         slides
>         is 'they are not ready'.  Some people are working on them
>         today,
>         though.
>
> Yes, matti has to have the DVD image to us by Thursday evening *at the
> latest* (really, this time) if there is to be any chance of the DVDs
> being available at EP.
>
> So they have until tomorrow lunchtime, preferable earlier.

I just noticed that deadline for slides which was given in a mail that I
haven't paid enough attentation to (I read it as "if you're ready, we'd
like to include your material"). I haven't noticed there to be a hard
requirement set to two days ago until now.

I'm a bit surprised about the deadline and won't be able to submit any
slides for my apprenticeship talk (my tutorial stuff is available
already).

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com