[EuroPython] offer of a very interesting talk (not by me) just some days to late ...

Massa, Harald Armin chef at ghum.de
Tue May 18 23:20:53 CEST 2010

Hello Europythoneers,

while researching presentation technolgy, I stumbled upon JessyInk.

JessyInk is some extension, programmed in Python, to Inkscape; to create
.SVG -Files which are presentations. It was rightfully compared to prezi,
but is a) using standard as SVG and Javascript, is b) created in Python and
c) available under an open source licence.

Since some days I am in contact with Hannes Hochreiner, the initial and lead
developer of JessyInk. I asked him about his willingness to give a
presentation about this fascinating technologie; especially about extending
Inkscape via Python.

Today he was able to offer to give a talk on either monday or tuesday of
EuroPython (as he was able to arrange with his employer)

I know, it is to late, talks are allready scheduled, and he would only be
available to be scheduled on 2 of the 3 days. On the other hand I know that
in all the previous EP there were some ... after closing cancelation of
talks by their offerers.

So my question to all EuroPythoneers and especially the schedulers: Are we
interested in having Hannes "slip in" somewhere on monday or tuesday; or
shall I negotiate with him to come to Florence in 2011?

Harald
--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare