[EuroPython] Poster session at EPC 2012 ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 16 20:33:38 CET 2012

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 20:01 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> I know this was discussed in the aftermath of last years EuroPython,
>> so was wondering whether we'll have a poster session at this years
>> conference ?
>>
>> I think it would be an interesting addition to the conference since
>> it allows for closer interaction between presenter and interested
>> attendees.
>
> We were trying to find out an appropriate physical space for it, before
> officially confirming it and adding it to the call for proposals.

Ok. The buffet area would be great for this.

> How many posters would you expect to be present at the session, to call
> it a success? 10? 30? 100?

Since it's the first time, 10 would be a success, I guess.
PyCon US 2011 had 31: https://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/posters/

For 100, we'd have to move this to the Galleria degli Uffizi ;-)

More infos on posters: https://us.pycon.org/2012/posters/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 16 2012)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/