[EuroPython] Diversity of attendees

Filip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:52:49 CEST 2014

W dniu 16.04.2014 14:43, Andreas Jung pisze:
> The selection process has been always open afaik.

Then where are all the proposals shown that were sent for 2014 and 2015
hosting? Where are the criteria that decided German proposal was better
than the one from Belgium. In my opinion process is not open and
transparent.

> You need enough people
> doing the work, you need to write a proposal and submit it if there is an
> EPS call for the next conference. As far as I recall for there was a proposal
> by the polish Python community for the 2014/15 conference.

There wasn't for a good reason. I recommend you to talk to Marc-Andre
Lemburg, maybe he can explain you how the situation looked like. Also I
recommend you reading the mails on this mailing list since June 2012.

> There had been
> conferences e.g. like the Plone conference (Python-based CMS) many years
> ago in Budapest, several people already added the RuPy in Poland over
> the last years… I think there is nobody say „we don’t want conferences in
> Eastern Europe“….it is a question of consensus among the local python user groups
> in each country in order to do such an effort. For the sake on completeness: the
> 2014 Python conference in Ukraine had to be cancelled for well-known  reasons.

Andreas, I think we are talking about Europython here, not about being
happy that other conferences take place in Eastern Europe.

Regards,
Filip