[EuroPython] Diversity of attendees

Troy Howard thoward37 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:22:47 CEST 2014

I recently organized a conference in Budapest (Write The Docs EU). I can
confirm that it's a great city to hold a conference in. Cheap lodging/food,
lots of fun local culture outside of the conference, and easy to get to
from all over Europe. Also, I felt safe and welcomed there as a native
English speaker.

Most importantly, there is a Budapest-based company, Prezi, who has an
amazing events staff that help us organize our conference, has organized a
number of smaller conference in their own venue (~100-150 people), and is
also organizing a much larger conference (Craft Conf) in a much larger
venue (~500-1000 people, IIRC). They could definitely help EuroPython
succeed there.

I'd be glad to put the EuroPython organizing team in touch with the Prezi
event staff to discuss the possibility of hosting EuroPython 2015 in
Budapest.

Thanks,
Troy