[EuroPython] Diversity of attendees

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 17 14:36:32 CEST 2014

Hey,

On 04/17/2014 01:24 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> In short, we'll have the EPS run the conference, with international
> work groups doing the work that can be done remotely and the local team
> providing on-site support. This will resolve the problem of losing
> institutional knowledge every time we change location and greatly
> reduce the risk a local organizer has to take.

Very nice!

An example of institutional knowledge getting somewhat lost is the
duration of conference thing I recently talked about -- when I did the
research on how the change happened, it's all a very logical step taken
year on year based on the previous year's conference, and at least some
people seemed not aware that it'd been 3 days for years before then.

Of course that's hardly a serious case, but I do think that
institutional knowledge you have more overview and therefore better
ability to step back and take stock once every while.

Regards,

Martijn