[EuroPython] Work on Call for Participation for EuroPython 2015 has started

Danilo mail at dbrgn.ch
Sat Feb 1 20:38:07 CET 2014

Hi all

Am Sa, 1. Feb 2014, um 20:36, schrieb Paul Boddie:
> There are, of course, big European community
> conferences that seem to manage this, and maybe
> their expertise can be drawn upon to
> do the same for a Python-specific event.

The 30th Chaos Communication Congress in Hamburg
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Congress) cost 80€
for a regular ticket and 350€ for a business ticket, for a conference
that took 4 days and had more than 9000 attendants. It had everything a
conference needs: Crazy fast internet (100Gb/s up/down), recordings of
all talks, catering, multiple tracks with talks etc... So it's
definitely possible.

On the other hand, there were more than 1000 volunteers that helped to
run the conference. I think when focusing on creating a
community-centered conference and actively encouraging volunteers, it is
definitely possible to create a conference that is both big,
professional and very affordable.

Cheers,
Danilo