[EuroPython] Work on Call for Participation for EuroPython 2015 has started

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Feb 2 18:04:44 CET 2014

Hi,

On 2. Feb2014, at 17:49, John Pinner <funthyme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. And I have no knowledge nor experience of the EPS treating its
> volunteers badly, which I think was what started this thread : a
> slightly emotional post from Christian based not on first-hand
> experience, but on hearsay.

My post was triggered by the things the current organizers, some being close friends, told me in informal settings.

Those reports reminded me of exactly the kind of community-internal turmoil that triggered me resigning from official community positions due to the shit I had to deal with in the end.

This time its not my personal experience but those of my friends (some of whom did experience the same “friendly fire” two years ago). Might be what classifies as hearsay but hearing those reports makes me extremely sad and angry at the same time as the same people are involved (in the same roles) and nothing seems to have changed.

I find my thoughts quite well-represented by that last mail from Paul.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · gocept gmbh & co. kg
flyingcircus.io · operations as a service