[EuroPython] Work on Call for Participation for EuroPython 2015 has started

Giovanni Bajo giovanni at pycon.it
Mon Feb 3 03:43:35 CET 2014

Il giorno 01/feb/2014, alle ore 12:59, Michael <sparks.m at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> 400?
>
> Christ on a bike, europython used to be affordable. Florence was
> ridiculously expensive (when you factor everything in).

A 5-days conference with tickets starting at €100 for students and €190 for an individual ticket, including catering of course. On top of that, we got 200 beds with prices at €39 per person per night in double room, and other 200 beds at €45 per person per night, at the 4-star conference hotel, all taxes included. In Florence.

EuroPython 2010 was £120 at the extra early bird rate, for a 2.5 days conference, and hotels surely can’t get much cheaper. Let’s even assume that that means “much cheaper” for you, still i wouldn’t call EP in Florence “ridiculously expensive”.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Python Italia APS

EuroPython 2014