[EuroPython] saving money with accomodation / mobile phones

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Feb 7 16:35:56 CET 2014

Berlin also offers a _lots_ of rental appartments in various prices
ranges. Check Airbn or related sites. If you can find two or three
Pythonista willing to share an appartment will make the accomodation
cheap....of course you have to find some breakfast yourself but
Berlin is pretty cheap when it comes to food and restaurant prices.

Andreas

Hynek Schlawack wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2014, at 15:30, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> You can then find the link to the hotel list under "Venue":
>>
>> https://ep2014.europython.eu/en/venue/accommodation/
>>
>> Unfortunately, the prices listed on the page are not much
>> different than what you can get from typical hotel booking sites at
>> the moment, but they may prove useful close to the event when
>> prices tend to go up:
>>
>> http://www.kayak.de/hotels/Berlin,Deutschland-c9109/2014-07-20/2014-07-27
>

> Some more suggestions from a native:
>
>> http://www.ibis.com/de/hotel-5513-ibis-budget-berlin-alexanderplatz/index.shtml

which is really near the BCC (and I live next to it :)) and pretty cheap
> (there’s currently an early saver tariff that gives your 20.7.–27.7.
> for 282,60 € which averages to 40,37 €/night).
>
>> http://www.mercure.com/de/hotel-8312-mercure-hotel-berlin-am-alexanderplatz/index.shtml

is around the corner too but a lot more expensive (~75 €/night).