[EuroPython] saving money with accomodation / mobile phones

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Fri Feb 7 16:22:29 CET 2014

On 7 Feb 2014, at 15:30, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> You can then find the link to the hotel list under "Venue":
>
> https://ep2014.europython.eu/en/venue/accommodation/
>
> Unfortunately, the prices listed on the page are not much different
> than what you can get from typical hotel booking sites at the moment,
> but they may prove useful close to the event when prices tend to
> go up:
>
> http://www.kayak.de/hotels/Berlin,Deutschland-c9109/2014-07-20/2014-07-27

Some more suggestions from a native:

–
http://www.ibis.com/de/hotel-5513-ibis-budget-berlin-alexanderplatz/index.shtml
which is really near the BCC (and I live next to it :)) and pretty cheap
(there’s currently an early saver tariff that gives your 20.7.–27.7.
for 282,60 € which averages to 40,37 €/night).

–
http://www.mercure.com/de/hotel-8312-mercure-hotel-berlin-am-alexanderplatz/index.shtml
is around the corner too but a lot more expensive (~75 €/night).

– If you’re okay with bunks, https://www.meininger-hotels.com/ has
rates as low as 25 €/night.

Cheers
—h