[EuroPython] Extra "Personal" ticket charge to Early Bird conditions on Monday

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Sat Feb 8 12:32:41 CET 2014

Hi,

>> At least the organization team has a financial plan and
>> a budget and it is _obvious_ to every child that can calculate that you
>> can not sell an undetermined number of tickets to a reduced price over
>> some fixed period if you don't want to run over your budget.
> Andreas, this tone seems unsuitable to me.  Are you calling the
> organizers of all previous EuroPython conferences childs that can't
> calculate?  Are you calling childish all previous Pythoneers that
> naively expect a similar model in this EuroPython than what they are
> used to?  If you are, you're alienating them very quickly.  You are
> not explaining how previous EuroPythons managed to do it while your
> team doesn't.  I'm guessing that arguments based on the new scale of
> the conference are acceptable, but they need to be presented.

Andreas's tone certainly isn't the friendliest but please keep in mind that the organizers are volunteers that got attacked and insulted by sideline snipers and entitled jerks throughout this thread.  It really hurts me seeing people catching flak for trying to make something great for all of us in their free time.

I can empathize with their frustration and thus don't like seeing injury being added to insult by tone argumenting them when they vent their irritation.  Nobody is paying them for swallowing every piece of dirt that gets thrower at them after all.

Let's all be nicer to each other, hm?  We're on the same team.