[Flask] Deploying Flask on Debian

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:22:16 EDT 2016

On 3 May 2016 at 22:33, Adam Steer <Adam.Steer at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> I’ve just jumped through this same set of hoops, going from ‘no idea’ to ‘flask = deployed on WSGI’, on ubuntu (nearly debian) and CentOS.
[…]
> I drew heavily on the deployment style here:
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-deploy-a-flask-application-on-an-ubuntu-vps

The main difference for the OP would be that on the Debian system he
mentioned he'll need a systemd unit file.

Btw I recently found a sysVinit debian server of mine I helped setting
up went down and there was no backup of the init.d script I wrote to
start the flask app with uwsgi. I'm reinstalling the app on an updated
system that now has of course systemd, and since I've only touched
systemd a couple of times, very sparse in time, I have to check the
docs from the beginning.

Does anyone have a uwsgi+flask systemd unit file example to share for
starting an app as a system service?

--
Andrea

P.S.