[group-organizers] Introduction

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 14:43:45 CET 2013

Hi Matthew,

Very brief intro and hello -- I'm Matt Woodward, long-time web developer
> but relatively new to Python. I'm in the Seattle area and looking to get
> more involved and active in the Seattle Python and Django UGs as well as
> start doing some Python teaching in the Seattle area, so this seems like
> it'll be a great resource!

Cool, welcome!

> Looking forward to earning my Python stripes and giving back to the
> community however I can.

Just to make sure you know about them, here are 3 ways the PSF can help
support your local Python user group:

1. Sprint funding, through http://pythonsprints.com/

2. Outreach and education funding (e.g. intro workshop, diversity
workshops), through
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/outreach-and-education

3. Other grants, through the main grants program (
http://www.python.org/psf/grants/)

Regards,
-Jessica