[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs and the license

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:59:11 +0900

Hi.

I decided to change the license of my JapaneseCodecs package
from GNU GPL to a BSD variant.  Due to the license change, I
released JapaneseCodecs 1.3.  It is available at:

http://pseudo.grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/~kajiyama/python/

There is no change in the codes, so you don't need to update
your copy if the license doesn't matter.

By the way, I also released a new module named kanjilib.  As the
name implies, the kanjilib module provides Japanese encoding
conversion functions for EUC-JP, Shift_JIS and ISO-2022-JP.  The
module does not rely on Python's Unicode facilities, so it may
be convenient if you need to handle Japanese character encodings
but not Unicode, or if you need Japanese encoding conversion in
Python 1.5.2 or former.  The module is also available on the
page above.

Thanks,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>