[Idle-dev] Re: config files

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:30:26 +1100

[Randal writes]
> Tim Peters:
>  |[Mark Hammond]
>  |> I would suggest simply placing it in the Python directory - from
>  |> sys.executable.  Who ever complains that this is not sufficient
>  |> gets to fix it ;-)
>  |Agree with Mark.  Name it idle.ini, for minimal Windows
>  |surprise and maximal
>  |Windows portability.
>
> Please don't do that.  UNIX users hate that.  I wouldn't ask that you call
> it ".idlerc" on MSWindows platforms, for maximal UNIX portability.  :-)

Fear not - you are agreeing with us <wink> - you quoted out of context
(probably because the context was lost in the article you replied to) but
the question was specifically addressing only Windows - it was already
agreed Unix would follow local conventions (if only people could decide what
they were :-)

Mark.