[Idle-dev] CVS: idle BrowserControl.py,1.1.3.1,1.2

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:20:26 -0400

> Do we want to continue 1.5.2 support or switch to the new way?

Depends on our goals.  If our goal is to provide an alternative,
stable IDLE for a large audience, then we would do wise to remain
1.5.2 compatible.  This can be a bit of a pain.  If our goal is to
move forward and develop IDLE further, we might be better off focusing
on 2.0 or even 2.1, so it won't slow us down.  Compatibility testing
takes a lot of time!

So, I'm for dropping 1.5.2 support, but I'll leave it up to you to
decide what you want.