[Idle-dev] Smart Templates, more.

carvalho joao jngscarvalho@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:31:55 -0800 (PST)

I?m sorry about my previous mail (Smart Templates)
because it didn?t say what my extension to IDLE fork
does.
Smart Templates is a macro expansion tool. Currently
it expands macros that are defined in the
SmartTemplates.py file, with proper indentation in the
case of multi-line macros. The developer can jump
rapidly between  ? Cursor marks in the macros with Alt
+ h. It support jumps in nested expansions and
selected text expansions.
This is it's first version but if IDLE users find it
useful I intend to develop it more.

Like I said, this is my first Python code, and I don?t
now how to determine what is the path to the current
directory of IDLE code. This would be useful to save
and edit with a graphical interface the macros that
would reside in a config file for Smart Templates of
that directory.
There are other features that I would like to
implement in it, but I have to learn same thinker
first.

Best Regards,
Joao Nuno