[Idle-dev] massive cruftectomy

Stephen M. Gava elguavas@python.net
03 Aug 2002 16:20:35 +1000

gvanrossum wrote:
> > The modules in question are: FrameViewer.py, loader.py,
> > MultiScrolledLists.py, Remote.py, RemoteInterp.py, Separator.py, and
> > ToolTip.py .
> >
> > If you've had any connection with idlefork or idle in the past please
> > cast an eye over that list and let me know if you think any of those
> > modules still need to be in idlefork.
>
> I think all of these can go.  Here are my comments:
>
> FrameViewer.py: probably a very early experiment of mine in GUI tools.
[...]
> Separator.py: part of MultiScrolledLists.py

Thanks for the reply Guido, I'm glad to see it fits in with the
'executive decision' I was about to make on these modules anyway. 8^)

As for this one:

> ToolTip.py: this might be handy, it's an attempt at creating a generally
> useful tooltip feature.  But maybe there's another approach to that
> already?  (CallTips doesn't seem to use this.)

calltips doesn't use it, but calltips does have a comment indicating
that it is based on the same code. I also think it could be handy
sometime for other purposes, so I might just add a comment to the module
to that effect and leave it in with the other source at this stage.

Stephen.
--
Stephen M. Gava <elguavas@python.net> http://python.net/crew/elguavas
IDLEfork http://idlefork.sourceforge.net "just like IDLE, only crunchy"