[Idle-dev] Bundling IDLE with py2exe

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Fri Dec 3 19:07:44 CET 2004

I'm attempting to bundle IDLE with py2exe (at one of my jobs I don't
have admin rights.. so can't install anything - but I can run stuff that
doesn't need installing).

I've overcome the first couple of problems (py2exe files don't have a
__file__ attribute, IDLE uses __import__ so I need to manually add some
modules etc).

However - what I have got so far doesn't work, unsurprisingly. What it
does do is rather surprising and I'd appreciate a bit of help knowing
where to look.

When I launch my current idle.exe it launches literally hundreds of
subprocesses. I then have to reboot !

Any clues as to where in the code this would be happening from ?

Regards,

Fuzzy