[Idle-dev] idle 1.0.2 cannot bind (again) to port 8833 w/python 2.3.3

Al Schapira a.d.schapira at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 23 14:26:00 EST 2004

I downloaded and installed python 2.3.3 source, built, and installed it
with idle 1.0.2 under RH linux 9 w/kernel 2.4.20-28.9.

The first time I ran idle, it worked fine, and I selected the default
fonts, etc.  Subsequently, idle won't start in subproces mode.  I get
the error output below every time.  Using -n as suggested works ok.

How do I clear the port in use?
How do I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks.
	-Al Schapira, a.d.schapira at worldnet.att.net