[Idle-dev] C-k and C-y keybinding

David MacKay mackay at aims.ac.za
Wed Sep 27 17:56:20 CEST 2006

Hello, a newbie question -
I have selected the "unix-like" keybinding.
I love to move or duplicate text by
using C-k (C-k C-k ...)
then using C-y (C-y).

But in IDLE with unix-like keybinding,
C-k successfully kills the line, but does not put it into
the cut-buffer, so C-y does not retrieve the killed object.

How can I modify IDLE to that C-k is the correct "kill and
put in the cut/paste buffer"?

-- And another question:   I see that "C-w" is "cut";
but how can I create and extend the region to be cut, using
just the keyboard?  In emacs, we use C-SPACE then C-w
to set mark and cut region.   Is there an equivalent to
C-SPACE in idle?

Thanks very much

David  [using idle-python2.4 on an ubuntu machine running X windows]