[Idle-dev] SearchBar - Have fun searching in IDLE!

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:50:58 CET 2007

On 1/29/07, Michael Haubenwallner <michael at d2m.at> wrote:

> Cool, this is an great enrichment. Installation and usage is without any
> problems (working from win2k, python2.4.4 and python2.5.0).
>
> Two suggestions come to my mind:
> - can we have the window height stay the same ( if the window is not
>    fullscreen a new row is added atm)
> - i am used to the close button in the firefox searchbar, removing the
>    searchbar is not easy atm, selecting "Find..." (CTRL-F) again throws
>    a dialog "Error: Empty regular expression"
>
> Michael
>
> --
> http://zope.org/Members/d2m
> http://planetzope.org

Thanks for the suggestions! Updated files attached.

There's no need for a close button - to stop searching hit Escape or click
anywhere away from the search bar. (Sorry, I should have mentioned this in
the usage.)

When you hit Ctrl+f with the search bar active, it searches for whatever
you've typed. The message box was popping up because the search expression
was empty. I've changed this, now it just beeps.

I've fixed the window height issue, including window maximization issues and
making sure the current text is not hidden by the search bar popping up.
Works smoothly on Windows, need testers on other platforms to check this
out.

- Tal