[Idle-dev] Guilherme Polo changes lost?

Bruce Sherwood Bruce_Sherwood at ncsu.edu
Sat Sep 14 22:14:45 CEST 2013

Terry Reedy made this comment on part of my recent testing:

> There were no detailed options for Run options

> introduced by Guilleherme Polo (If file has never been saved, Prompt to
> Save or No prompt; If file has been saved before Prompt to Save or no
> prompt; On first error Bring shell forward or Do nothing).

I do not know what this is about. I presume you are talking about a
proposed patch that has not been applied here. I do not remember seeing it.
I looked for an issue but could not find one.

This is very worrisome, as these important features were part of what
Guilherme Polo created in his Google Summer of Code project in 2009, and
among the important reasons why I still feel it necessary to bundle VIDLE
with VPython. I'm copying Guilherme in the hope that he can shed light on
this.

Bruce