[Idle-dev] KeyConfig, KeyBinding and other related issues.

Saimadhav Heblikar saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:45:49 CEST 2014

On 13 June 2014 16:58, Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Saimadhav Heblikar
> <saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a heads up to both: I am writing a keyseq validator method.
>> It currently works for over 800 permutations of ['Shift', 'Control',
>> 'Alt', 'Meta', 'Key-a', 'Key-A', 'Up', 'Key-Up', 'a', 'A']. It works
>> for permutations of length 2 and 3. Beyond that its not worth it IMO.
>> I am currently trying to integrate it with test_configuration.py and
>> catching permutations i missed out.
>>
>> I post this, so that we dont duplicate work. I hope it to be ready by
>> the end of the day.(UTC +5.5)
>
> What is the method you are using?

Regex. It is not something elegant. The permutations are coded in.(Not
all 800+ obviously, but around 15-20 general ones.). The only
advantage is it can be used without creating a new Tk instance.

> What do you mean by "permutations"? If you mean what I think, then I'm
> not sure I agree with >3 not being worth it. I've used keyboard
> bindings with more than 2 modifiers before, and we should certainly
> support this properly.

I am sorry. I meant to write >3 modifier permutations.
(i.eControl-Shift-Alt-Meta+Key-X is not covered. But
Control-Shift-Alt-Key-X is.)

--
Regards
Saimadhav Heblikar