[Idle-dev] KeyConfig, KeyBinding and other related issues.

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:28:57 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Saimadhav Heblikar
<saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a heads up to both: I am writing a keyseq validator method.
> It currently works for over 800 permutations of ['Shift', 'Control',
> 'Alt', 'Meta', 'Key-a', 'Key-A', 'Up', 'Key-Up', 'a', 'A']. It works
> for permutations of length 2 and 3. Beyond that its not worth it IMO.
> I am currently trying to integrate it with test_configuration.py and
> catching permutations i missed out.
>
> I post this, so that we dont duplicate work. I hope it to be ready by
> the end of the day.(UTC +5.5)

What is the method you are using?

What do you mean by "permutations"? If you mean what I think, then I'm
not sure I agree with >3 not being worth it. I've used keyboard
bindings with more than 2 modifiers before, and we should certainly
support this properly.

If you'd like guidance during your work, rather than comments once
you're done, I'll be highly available for the next several hours.

- Tal