[Idle-dev] Updates to the IDLE Dev Guide

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sun May 10 03:10:17 CEST 2015

On 5/9/15 4:30 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> The 'minor updates' listed in http://wiki.tcl.tk/21276 are new
> features from a Python perspective.  Tkinter will need to be updated
> to use some of them.
I believe those changes are all new with 8.6.0 (released in December
2012), not 8.6.4. In other words, yes, those are new features, not minor
updates, and Tkinter should support them, but they have been present and
out in the wild for more than two years.  I'm a bit surprised that no
one in the Python community has tracked these developments. Does Tkinter
have a lead maintainer?

> Any idea on release?  Py 3.5 should be out in September.

Not sure. There isn't a standard schedule.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin