[Fwd: [IMAGE-SIG] broken ImageFont?]

Fredrik Lundh fredrik.lundh@image.combitech.se
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 10:58:02 +0200

> Does anyone (/F) have any suggestions on how to proceed with the issue
> of stamping strings into an image? To be honest, I have no idea what the
> error below means other than that I can't stamp my string...

Not sure either; haven't had time to look further on this problem... Rebuilding
the fonts might help (see below).

> On a related matter, /F mentions that new PIL fonts can be created using
> fstobdf first and bdf2pil.py second. My man pages are very terse on the
> subject of fstobdf: the -server option "specifies the server from which
> the font should be read". But what's the correct syntax for the -s
> option (my hostname doesn't work)? Could someone please give me an
> example to copy?

The fstobdf utility uses an X11 font server (not a plain X11 display server).
It's likely that you don't have a font server running on your host. If I remember
correctly, the font server is called "fs". Check the man page and see if you can
get that one running.

Cheers /F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org