[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Newbie: lena.jpg fails to load

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:38:38 +0100

> Ok - I'll answer my own question.  I found out you have to have
> -DHAVE_LIBJPEG in the DEFS= line in the Imaging/Makefile and in the
> Imaging/libImaging/Makefile.  Too bad the "Setup" file doesn't
> handle this automatically for you.

(Strange.  Cannot recall seeing the original post...)

In the next release, I've changed things so that everything on by
default (its easier to realize that you have to delete stuff than add
stuff, even if it is mentioned in the README...).  As for automatic-
ally updating the Setup file based on what the configuration figured
out, that would mean writing some magic Python setup processor, I
suppose.  Have to think about that one (contributions are welcome ;-).

Cheers	/F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org