[Image-SIG] PIL Wishlist

Dirk Engelmann Dirk.Engelmann@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:52:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Just to add a point on the wish list:

Once there was a discussion about replacing the fromstring and tostring
method. I would like to have a method which doesn't convert the image
to/from strings, but passes a pointer (or pointer list). The NumPy
library (don't know how it is done exactely) has methods to do this, and
it would be nice to have an efficient access to image data from other
python modules like NumPy.

Cheers,

Dirk