[Image-SIG] Lost JPEG decoder

Daniel Walton image_sig@opti.okdirect.com
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:05:39 -0500

At 01:56 PM 6/26/98 +0100, you wrote:
>When you build libImaging.a, make sure that the ./configure
>script really managed to find your library
>
>-- if it says "yes" when you run it, everything's fine (but I don't
>   think it does)
>-- if not, check the config.log file for details.  if you cannot work
>   around this, you have to edit ImConfig.h by hand to enable JPEG
>   support in libImaging

This must be where things are going wrong.  I changed the ImConfig.h such
that HAVE_LIBJPEG was defined but when I do a make it comes up with the
following errors:

gcc -O -I./. -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c JpegDecode.c
JpegDecode.c:38: parse error before `void'
JpegDecode.c:44: parse error before `boolean'
JpegDecode.c:51: parse error before `void'
JpegDecode.c:92: parse error before `void'
JpegDecode.c:96: `cinfo' undeclared here (not in a function)
JpegDecode.c:96: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
JpegDecode.c:98: parse error before `->'
JpegDecode.c:98: conflicting types for `longjmp'
/usr/include/setjmp.h:84: previous declaration of `longjmp'
JpegDecode.c:98: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
JpegDecode.c: In function `ImagingJpegDecode':
JpegDecode.c:123: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
*** Error code 1

Stop.

If I were much of a C guru I would do my best to debug it, but
unfortunately I'm not.  I have the jpeg libraries installed.  A listing of
/usr/local/lib shows libjpeg.a and libjpeg.so.6.0 ...  The
libImaging/configure script didn't find them apparently.  Interesting
thing, if I run the configure script it has the yes/no answers (JPEG is
"(cached) no") but the config.log only has the checking information.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Daniel Walton