[Image-SIG] Help! I cannot install PIL!

Jesse W jessw@loop.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:43:23 +0000

	I am new at compileing programs and addons, and I do not understand
how Dll's and other wild Windows things work.  I have downloaded *a*
PIL instellation(Imaging-0_2b4-win32.zip), but I am not sure if it is
the newest, or why I would want the newest, or even what version it
is.  In the readme file it says it is: PIL 0.2b4 for Windows 95/NT.
I have followed the install instructions in the readme file, looked
in Image-Sig archives, and followed any instructions I found, and I
still get the same errror message.  When I run viewer.py, I get:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Python\Programs\Imaging-2b4\Scripts\viewer.py", line 7, in  ?
    import Image, ImageTk
ImportError: No module named Image

I don't know what to do.

							Jesse Weinstein